Charlbury Dental Practice staff are expected and encouraged to keep up to date with developments in dentistry and to keep abreast of all aspects of the delivery of dental care. In fact, we all love to keep learning and improving the service which we provide.
All staff regularly receive formal and informal training in “core” subjects, as required by the General Dental Council. Also all our staff undergo comprehensive training in resuscitation and medical emergency procedures which is updated annually.
To help the dental team to keep pace with advances in dental technology we organise a programme of "Lunch and Learn" sessions. Recent sessions have focused on electric toothbrushes, dental materials, and clinical waste.
- Our principal, Mary Robson, sets a good example. She has acted as a trainer for newly qualified dentists and is highly supportive of all our staff whilst they are undergoing training to gain new skills and knowledge to enhance their work.
- We have recently adopted a new and comprehensive IT system to help us to offer an even better and more efficient service. All staff are being trained in its use.
- All our dentists, hygienists, therapists and nurses are committed to professional development and regularly attend training courses as required by the General Dental Council - for example, in infection control, radiation control, life support and medical emergencies.
- The whole team receives training in "Information Governance" to help us to ensure that we are rigorous in respecting patients' privacy, dignity and confidentiality, and adhere strictly to communications, computer and internet policies and data protection legislation.
- Dental Nurse Tasha Herbert has completed a Fire Marshal/Fire Warden training course run by Unipart, Oxford, and becomes the practice's Fire Marshal.
- As part of her Continuing Professional Development, one of our Dental Nurses, Emma Mortimer, has recently completed an updating short course in Infection Control.
- Emma has also successfully completed a 4-day course on Tropical Fluoride Application; she is now qualified to carry out this work, initially under supervision.
- Associate Dentist, Kam Patel, has completed her studies in Implant Dentistry at the Eastman Dental Hospital's International Centre for Excellence in Dentistry and has been awarded the Diploma with Distinction.
- Dental Nurse Harriet Price is undertaking a certificate course in Dental Radiography .
Charlbury Dental Practice - Telephone 01608 811 095